Sunday, March 15, 2009

Resume In T-Shirts

The game industry isn't as full of excitement and romance as some may think. The hours are long. Stability isn't always that great. Royalties and riches exist only for a lucky few. One thing we do get is a crapload of t-shirts.
There are two big reasons for this. First, it helps companies to identify and collect their employees when they go astray in the wild. Second, we don't get out to the local haberdashery all that often while crunching for months at a time. I was looking at the ever-growing pile in my closet the other day, and thought it might be fun to make a visual survey of these garments in all their nerdly glory. That turned out to be a terrible idea. Besides highlighting my desperate need for an iron, it was way more work than it was worth. But here it is. I tried to stick with shirts related to companies and product I actually worked on, otherwise there would be another 20-odd shirts.

CK 

8 comments:

Zimm said...

There is much honor in this compilation.

Anonymous said...

Man I wish I had a DeathSpank tshirt...

Sebastiaan de With said...

If you'll ever sell these, do let me know! By the way, please keep blogging your great stories and sharing your life!

Your work has been an inspiration to me since I was a wee kid :)

CaesarZX said...

we are still here waiting for TA-ncient.

Scott Rogers said...

Clayton!

Don't you know it's bad luck to make a t-shirt before the game is in alpha?

http://mrbossdesign.blogspot.com/2008/03/curse-of-t-shirt.html

Now where can I get one of those sweat Death Spank shirts?

Clayton Kauzlaric said...

D'oh! Somebody should have warned us.

The DS shirts were from last year's PAX (2008) when they announced the title. They were in short supply. I vaguely remember dropping from the ceiling and snapping someone's neck to get one.

That could have been a game.

AkaTsuko said...

Mr. Kauzlaric, were you involved in the creation of Secret Of Everemore somehow? or maybe you worked for Squaresoft?

By the way, I have just discovered this blog because I'm re-playing Voodoo Vince on my old xbox. I wondered about what was of the creatores behind the game. And then I'm here. It's great to know that you are co-working with such Mr. Gilbert.

I will keep track of this blog ;)

P.s.: Sorry for the misspelling, if any. I'm Spanish.

Clayton Kauzlaric said...

Yeah. I was an artist at Squaresoft way back when they were still making SNES games and still had an office in Redmond, WA. My main contribution to Evermore was background art, though I did quite a bit of animation too.